Monday, September 17, 2012

About me :D

Hello, My name is Kevin Chapman, and this is my teaching blog. To start off, I should talk a little bit about me so that all of you can learn a little about me!
I am currently a junior at Boise State University, majoring in Earth Sciences with a secondary education degree. Ever since i was a little kid i've been fascinated with how the earth works, and how to protect our lovely planet. Keeping it green, and educating people about how our earth works is what I strive for.
I'm originally from Santa Cruz, California, where there are so many different types of environments it's crazy! You can go from the forest with all kinds of animal life ranging from Mountain Lions to Black tail deer, all the way to the beach. The beach, as well as the ocean is what really made me fascinated with our planet. I grew up going to it almost every day, and I still go as much as possible. With the beach comes all kinds of geologic landscapes such as erosion of rock, and compacting of the sand to form those rocks. When I do decide to become a teacher, I want to make it my job to help educate my students on the many wonders of our planet along with how everything shapes and forms while coexisting.
I get a lot of joy from the environment, which is why I do a lot of outdoor activities such as sports, hiking, fishing, but most importantly relaxing! When I become a teacher, i hope to inspire kids to go outdoors and experience the environment in their own way, but in a positive encouraging way. Too many kids nowadays stay inside and sit on computers all day, and I believe they would enjoy their lives more if they went outside to play with their friends, not just in a video game. With that being said, the internet does have a lot to offer us, and with it we can understand a lot about our environment, but I believe the best way is for one to go out and experience it for themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment