Monday, September 24, 2012

Hello all, I recently read chapter 4 in Guide to Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse OR Your first Year of Teaching. Some interesting things to know about this chapter is how individual all students are. Even though we are all in a class as a uniform of people (literally in some schools), we each have our own ways of learning and taking in information. For me, I am a visual learner who learns from physical examples or pictures best. What chapter 4 taught me is that just because of this, it does not mean that I am dumber than someone who learns just from reading a textbook. We just learn differently. When I was in school, there was only one type of learning, it was to just read the book every night and come to class the next day. I was not successful, but when it came to doing hands on experiments or any type of physical activities, I could understand the topic just as well as someone else. So, for each student we need to observe how they learn best and try to shape our teaching and guidance in a way that is beneficial to those needs. If we don't do this as future teachers, those future students could be left behind and not learn necessarily what they should be learning; They should be learning in a way that can better themselves and enrich their education, and communicative skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment